The Dynalco SPD-108 Signal-Powered Digital Tachometer is a solid-state digital tachometer gauge that features a 4-digit, unlighted LCD display with gate time range of 0.13 to 2.85 seconds field-programmable. This intrinsically safe tachometer is well sealed and designed for rugged indoor and outdoor applications.
- Signal and power derived totally from magnetic pickup or pulser.
- Intrinsically safe. Can be used in hazardous environments with approved Dynalco pickups.
- No power supply connections. High immunity to electrical noise.
- Can be field-calibrated.
- High accuracy: 1 rpm resolution.
- High shock and vibration resistance.
- Standard SAE case size fits panels with 3-3/8 inch (86 mm) openings.
- Gasketed and spray-proof.
- Ideal for OEM use.
- Can be paralleled with governors and/or speed switches.
- Can share existing pickups or pulsers; draws only microamperes.
- Ground-free terminals have no polarity; easy installation.
- Part No.: SPD-108
- Description: Signal-Powered Digital Tachometer, Unlighted
- External Power Requirements: All models are signal-powered. Lighted versions: 12 or 24 Vdc, depending on model
- Display: Four active digits (0 to 9999), non-blinking LCD display; character height of 0.5 inches (14 mm). Display contrast increases with
- increasing ambient light
- Input Valve Voltage: From pickups, pulsers, shaft encoders, etc; Minimum signal amplitude: 2.5 Vrms; Maximum permissible signal: 15 Vrms. The SPD-100 automatically limits pickup signals at approximately 10 volts peak-to-peak. Input impedance is 100 Ohms in series with a 6 volt Zener diode.
- Input Signal Frequency: Maximum input signal frequency of 20,000 Hz. Lowest frequency range limited by gate time and corresponding numerical display.
- Isolated Circuit: All circuitry is totally floating, i.e. totally isolated and insulated from the case and from ground.
- Operating Temperature Range: –5oF to +175oF (–20oC to +80oC)
- Storage: –40oF to +195oF (–40oC to +90oC)
- Vibration: MIL STD 810C; Method 514.2; Curve Q; Procedure V; Modified to 500 Hz upper limit. 5 Hz to 10 Hz @ 0.2 inches D.A.; 10 Hz to 18 Hz @ 1.0 g (peak); 18 Hz to 57 Hz @ 0.06 inches D.A.; 57 Hz to 500 Hz @ 10 g (peak)
- Accuracy: One rpm resolution; within 0.5% (0.1% typical at room ambient) under all combined environmental conditions
- Gate Time Ranges: SPD-108 Series: field-selectable from 0.13 to 2.85 seconds This accommodates calibrations for an extremely broad range of corresponding pulses per second.
- Magnetic Pickups: Dynalco Magnetic Pickups M102 and M107 are used with the SPD-100 Series in most applications. Refer to Dynalco Magnetic Pickup brochure for various types and characteristics. For low-speed applications, or to permit operation with larger gaps, the ultrahigh
- sensitivity M142 can be used. For intrinsically safe applications Dynalco Controls offers various models, with the M202 and M134 the most frequently used.
- Weight: 1 lb (0.45 kg)