The Dynalco MTH-103E Tachometer/Hourmeter/Overspeed Trip is a microprocessor-based 5-digit tachometer, hourmeter with output trip. The trip can be programmed to activate on overspeed, underspeed (Class C) or hours. It is the new version of Dynalco MTH-103D and comes with a keypad that replaces the old push button, making programming easier and quicker. This unit may be pickup-powered or DC-powered.
- Selectable overspeed, underspeed (Class-C) and hours trip
- Both signal and power may be derived from magnetic pickup
- High accuracy: 5-digit display, 1 rpm resolution, 100,000 hour range
- Field configurable with front keypad for any number of pulses per revolution, trip point value, and for preset / reset hours
- Displays speed, hours, and setpoints on separate screen
- Displays Alarm Log history
- Fast overspeed reaction time of 100 msec
- Backlit display when DC powered
- Standard SAE case size fits engine panels with 3-3/8" openings
- High shock and vibration resistance. Gasketed and spray proof
- Highly resistant to electrical noise
- Part No.: MTH-103E
- Description: Tachometer/Hourmeter/Overspeed Trip
- Power: Magnetic pickup or 9-30 VDC
- Display: Alphanumeric LCD
- Input Signal Frequency: From 10 to 13,000 Hz
- Minimum required input signal voltage is 4.0 VAC when pickup powered and 1.5 VAC when DC powered
- Maximum permissible input signal is 15 VAC
- Tachometer Accuracy: 1 RPM resolution, within 0.2% under all combined environmental conditions
- Hourmeter: 100,000-hour range (99,999), 1-hour increments. Display is visible and time accumulates only when the signal is applied to terminals A and B
- Trip: Setpoint value is field-settable directly in RPM or hours (counts up or down). Normally open solid-state contacts at terminals 5(+) and 6(–) close on trip.
- Reaction time of 0.1 seconds. Maximum continuous contact rating of 0.15 amps, 400 VDC
- Trip Accuracy: ±1 unit, maximum
- Hourmeter Accuracy: 0.2% of reading. Retains count in memory when signal or power is removed.
- Environment Temperature: Operating: –5 to +175°F (–20 to +79°C) Storage: –40 to +195°F (–40 to +90°C)
- Vibration: Modified MIL-810E (N3)
- CSA Certification:
- Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, and D; When Pickup Powered: Dynalco magnetic pickup M203, M204 or M205 must be used.
- Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, and D; When 9 - 30 VDC Powered: Dynalco magnetic pickup M201, M202, M203, M204, M205, M207, M208, M231, M233 or M281 must be used to provide the speed signal.