The Murphy 260-450F Temperature Swichgage 4.5" with 15 Ft Capillary SPLFC-450P15 is a mechanical gage for temperature indication. It includes adjustable, electrical contacts that can be used for start and stop, to trip alarms and to shut down equipment. This vapor actuated gage features a sealed capillary tube and sensing bulb. When subjected to heat, the liquid in the sensing bulb expands to vapor creating pressure against a bourdon tube mechanism. The bourdon tube translates this vapor pressure into a mechanical gage reading.
For model SPLFC-450P15 the gage pointer acts as a pressure indicator and as one switch pole which completes a circuit when it touches the adjustable limit contacts. Contacts have self-cleaning motion to ensure electrical continuity. Typical applications include: Gas Compressors, Engine Coolant Temperature, Process Temperature, Heaters and Coolers and Water Pump Temperature.
SPLFC Swichgage temperature indicator gage includes 2 pilot duty, pointer-type limit contacts (one for high and one for low) that can be used for alarm and/or shutdown. The SPLFC model will complete a circuit when the gage pointer and either limit contact meet. This provides an electrical signal to alert the operator of critical temperature conditions or, when required, to shut-down the equipment. Both limit contacts (high and low) are field adjustable by simply turning the fingertip type knob to the desired point on the scale dial.
- Panel Mount Version (round case)
- Die Cast Aluminum Case
- PVC Armor/Copper Capillary/Copper Bulb
- Combination Indicating Gage and Critical Temperature Limit Switches
- High and Low Temperature Limit Contacts Are Visible and Adjustable
- Part No.: SPLFC-450P15
- Range: 260° to 450°F
- Dial: White on black, dual scale, °F and °C standard, 4-1/2 in. (114 mm) diameter
- Case: Die cast aluminum, panel mount
- Capillary: PVC armored copper tube, 15 ft
- Sensing Bulb: Copper bulb: 1/2 in. (13 mm) OD; Length: 7 in. (178 mm). Minimum bulb insertion: 2-1/2 in. (64 mm)
- Pressure Rating: 600 psi (4.1 MPa) [41 bar]. Connection: 1/2 NPT compression fitting
- Overrange: Do not exceed 10% above full range
- Limit Contacts: 1-SPDT, Center off; pilot-duty; 2 A @ 30 V; 1 A @ 125 VAC. Contacts are gold plated silver
- Wire Connections: Wire leads, 18 AWG (1.0 mm2) x 9 in. (229 mm) long
- Item Weight: 8 lb. (3.6 kg) approximately
- Item Dimensions: 16 x 11 x 5-1/2 in. (406 x 279 x 140 mm)