The Murphy 17 PSI Diesel Fuel Pressure Relief Valve PRV50 relieves overpressure in a fuel system usually caused by closing of a solenoid fuel valve. This valve has a 1/4 NPT threaded connection on each end for connecting to fuel line fittings or hoses.
The PRV50 relieves pressure buildup in the fuel system that can cause fuel filter canisters to burst. When the solenoid valve closes to stop the engine, the fuel transfer pump will continue to produce pressure as the engine slows down to stop. This pressure buildup, if not relieved, can cause fuel filter canisters or gaskets to leak. PRV’s are installed in the bypass line from the fuel filter(s) to the fuel return line.
- Precision Made
- Stainless Steel Spring
- Compact and Simple to Install
- Problem Solvers for Diesel Engine Shutdown Systems
- Part No.: PRV50
- Opening: 17 psi (117)
- Fully Opened: 25 psi (172)
- Static Pressure: 150 psi (1.03 MPa) maximum
- Weight: 1.3 oz (40.5 grams)
- Materials: Brass Body • Stainless steel Seal • Stainless steel Spring