The Murphy 0-1999°C 6-Channel Temperature Scanner and Pyrometer 80-250 VDC Type J TDX6-B-C-J is an advanced design 6-point temperature scanner and pyrometer. It continually scans up to six thermocouples and sequentially displays the thermocouple number and its reading. Each sensor input has a field settable trip point for alarm, shut-down or control. A read/scan selector allows the operator to set and view each trip point. With the selector in the scan mode, a “thermocouple read” push button provides a means to manually toggle through the six channels and to lock in on a specific channel. Normal scanning will resume approximately three seconds after releasing the push button. All trip points are continually armed and active during the scanning process. The TDX6-B-C-J can interface with other Murphy Selectronic Tattletale annunciators and Micro-controllers. It is rated for Class I, Division 2, Group D, hazardous areas. Type J, grounded or ungrounded thermocouples are accommodated. Using grounded thermocouples introduces the risk of odd currents or voltages being imposed on the thermocouple signal which can affect the accuracy of the reading.
Applications: Gas Compressor, Process Temperatures Suction/Discharge Temp., Generators, Engine/Compressor Jacket, Pumps Water Temperature and Engine Exhaust Temperature.
- Monitors six (6) input sensors
- Accepts type “J” thermocouples grounded or ungrounded
- Field adjustable trip points
- LCD display in Celsius
- One thermocouple maybe selected for continuous display
- No special training or programming required
- Scans all 6 sensors in 30 seconds
- CD ignition
- F.E.T. (Field-Effect Transistor) output
- Part No.: TDX6-B-C-J
- Display: Celsius
- Mounting: Square hole
- Thermocouple Type: Type J
- Power Requirements (Operating Voltages): 80-250 VDC, CD ignition
- Power Supply/Output: CD ignition, 80-250 VDC positive or negative ground or 120 VAC 50-60 Hz Inputs - F.E.T (Field-Effect Transistor) pulsed outputs. Six (6) isolated Field-Effect Transistor (F.E.T.) outputs; 0.1 A @ 250 VDC; switches on (applies ground) above trip point and switches off (removes ground) below trip point.
- Operating Temperature: -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 300°F (-40 to 150°C)
- Case: ABS 1/4 DIN (90 x 90 mm)
- Scanning Speed: Complete scan in 30 seconds
- Reset Differential: Decreases 3 Degrees (°C)
- Display Update Time: Updates temperature every 0.3 seconds
- Start-up Time Delay: Unit is locked out for 10 seconds after ignition voltage is sensed
- Ambient Cold Junction Compensation Range: 2°F from 32°F to 122°F (1°C from 0°C to 50°C)
- Measurement Range: Monitor Range 0-1999°C
- Accuracy J-type thermocouple: from 50-150°F (10-66°C) +3°F(+2°C), from 150-1200°F (66-649°C) ±1.0% of reading
- Trip Point Accuracy: ±3°F (±2°C) of reading
- Trip Point Adjustment Range: 0-1999 Degrees
- Open Thermocouple Input: A number 1 appears in the display to the right of the channel number and the trip point operates.