The Murphy Bilge Level Switch System BLSK1 gives you all items and fittings necessary to install in your bilge. Or, you can have only the parts you want and you provide brackets, tubing and mounting hardware. Using the proven “Air Cell” actuating system, all moving parts and switching are remote from bilge liquids and are thus not affected by corrosion, rust, etc. All wetted parts are of non-corrosive materials. As bilge level rises a column of air is captured in the MAC1 Air Volume Cell. The rising bilge level compresses the column of air creating pressure against the large diaphragm in the BLS1 Bilge Level Switch and the switch trips. The switch set point is adjustable. The switch resets as the bilge is pumped out. Air cell recharges itself during normal operation.
The BLS1 is constructed of materials not affected by marine atmospheres; Aluminum or Bronze body and cover, Buna-N diaphragm.
- Operates Bilge Pumps or Alarms
- Uses Proven “Air Cell” Actuated System
- Remote Switch and Moving Parts Kept
- Unaffected by Corrosion
- Aluminum Body and Cover
- Includes 3 Assemblies: BLS1 Bilge Level Switch, MACT1 Tube Kit (Sensor Line and Fittings) and MAC1 “Air Cell” (Volume Cell)
- Part No.: BLSK1
- Case/Lid: Aluminum
- Bottom Plate: Glass-filled Nylon
- Process Connection: 1/4 NPTF
- Max. Pressure: 25 psi (172 kPa) [1.72 bar]
- Conduit Connection (electrical): 1/2 NPT
- BLS1 Weight: 3 lb. (1.4 kg)
- BLS1 Dimensions: 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 in. (159 x 159 x 159 mm)
- MACT1 Tube Kit (fittings included): 4 ft. (1.21 m) flexible non-corrosive tubing, 1/4 in. (6 mm) dia. (cut to fit)
- MACT1 Weight: 0.5 lb. (0.23 kg)
- MACT1 Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 6 in. (152 x 152 x 152 mm)
- MAC1 Air Cell (Volume Cell): Made of non-corrosive materials (2) 1/4-20 stainless steel hex bolts and nuts
- MAC1 Weight: 2 lb. (1 kg)
- MAC1 Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 6 in. (152 x 152 x 152 mm)
- BLS1 Bilge Level Switch Snap-Switch SPDT (standard): 5 A @ 125, 250, or 480 VAC • 1/2 A @ 125 VDC, 1/4 A @ 250 VDC
NOTE: A pilot relay may be used for higher contact ratings (see Typical Wiring Diagram).