The Murphy Explosion-Proof Shock and Vibration Switch VS2EXRB-15 is constructed for use in Class I, Division 1, Group B, hazardous locations. It has, as standard, a SPDT snapswitch and an electric remote reset. Option is available for DPDT snap-switch. The VS2 Series switches are shock sensitive mechanisms for shutdown of engine or electric motor powered equipment. These switches use a magnetic latch to ensure reliable operation. The remote reset option includes a builtin electric solenoid which allows reset of tripped unit from a remote location.
Ideal for use on engines, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers and pumping units, the VS2 Series can be used anywhere shutdown protection from damaging shock/vibration is desired. Switches are field adjustable to sensitivity required in each application.
- Fully Adjustable
- For Group B Locations
- Snap-switch Contacts
- DPDT Feature Optional
- Tattletale Reset Button
- Includes Magnetic Latching Feature
- Designed to Detect Shock/Vibration in 3-Planes of Motion
- Part No.: VS2EXRB-15
- Case: Explosion-proof aluminum alloy housing; rated Class I, Division 1, Group B hazardous areas
- Snap-switch: 1-SPDT snap-switch with reset coil (option available for 2-SPDT switches); 5A @ 480 VAC; 2A resistive, 1A inductive, up to 30 VDC
- Remote Reset: 115 VAC reset coil
- Shipping Weight: 17 lb 8 oz. (7.9 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 10 in. (305 x 305 x 254 mm)