The Murphy Explosion-Proof Shock and Vibration Switch VS2EX is a shock sensitive mechanism for shutdown of engine or electric motor powered equipment. This switch uses a magnetic latch to ensure reliable operation. The Murphy Explosion-Proof Shock and Vibration Switch is housed in an explosion-proof enclosure with threaded cover. This enclosure is CSA and UL listed for Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D hazardous locations. In place of the leaf type contacts, 2-SPDT snap-switches are used in this model. Sensitivity is externally adjustable and, when tripped, the VS2EX gives a Tattletale indication on the reset button. It is constructed to meet NEMA 7 specifications.
Ideal for use on engines, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers and pumping units, the VS2 Series can be used anywhere shutdown protection from damaging shock/vibration is desired. Switches are field adjustable to sensitivity required in each application.
- Designed to Detect Shock/Vibration in 3-Planes of Motion
- Fully Adjustable
- Includes Magnetic Latching Feature
- Manual or Electric Reset
- NEMA 7/IP50
- Snap-switch Contacts
- Tattletale Reset Button
- 2-SPDT Switches (DPDT)
- Part No.: VS2EX
- Case: Base mount, explosion-proof aluminum alloy housing; meets NEMA 7/IP54 specifications; Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D; UL and CSA listed
- Snap-switches: 2-SPDT snap-switches; 5A @ 480 VAC;* 2A resistive, 1A inductive, up to 30 VDC
- Normal Operating Temperature: -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C)
- Electrical Contact Rating: 5 A @ 125–480 VAC, 1/2 A @ 125 VDC, 1/4 A @ 250 VDC, 2 A Resistive 30 VDC, 1 A Inductive 30 VDC