This Murphy Lube Level Regulator LR857 maintains the crankcase oil level of an engine, pump or compressor. Adjusted to the correct running-oillevel, the LR857 will replenish oil as it is used. An integral, low-level switch will alarm and/or shutdown the equipment if supply oil is lost and the equipment continues to use oil. The LR857 maintains oil level on any size engine, but is recommended for small to medium volume applications and installations that require a 3-wire, snap-action switch.
As crankcase oil level drops, the LR857 float also drops and opens the Thumb-Valve. This allows oil to flow from the supply tank, through the LR857, and into the crankcase. When proper level is attained in the crankcase, the LR857 float rises, causing the Thumb-Valve to close off further oil flow. The simple and unique Thumb-Valve is nonclogging and provides a positive, leak-free seal. Flow rate through the 1/8 inch (3 mm) orifice is significant to allow crankcase refill through the LR857.
Thumb-Valve Operation: As the equipment uses oil, the float falls, providing immediate level compensation. At FULL position, the float holds the valve closed. If the clean oil supply is depleted and oil level continues to fall, the low level switch will operate an alarm or equipment shutdown.
- Eliminates Under/OverFill Due to
- Human Error Simple Installation
- Automatically Maintains Lube Level
- Low Level Switch
- Models to Fit Varied Applications
- Positive Sealing Thumb-Valve
- Part No.: LR857
- Inlet Connection: 5/8 in. (16 mm) I.D. hose
- Outlet Connection: 3/8 NPT
- Snap-switch: SPDT rating 10 A @ 125 VAC; 0.5 A @ 125 VDC; 10 A @ 30 VDC
- Conduit Connection: 1/2 NPT
- Case: Die cast aluminum
- Lens: Polycarbonate
- Float: Brass
- Flow Rates (see chart below): Oil with 0.9 specific gravity @ 70°F (21°C)
- Shipping Dimensions: 9 x 5-1/2 x 6 in. (229 x 140 x 152 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs. 6 oz. (1.5 kg)