The Murphy M5180-P is a pneumatically controlled fuel shut-off valve that opens and closes automatically or semi-automatically. A manual lever aids in opening the valve when control pressure is insufficient. A gas escape vent, when properly vented and maintained, releases trapped gas from the valve after shutoff. The M5180-P is for 2 in. (52 mm) gas lines. It automatically opens at 2 psi (14 kPa) [.14 bar] and fully opens the seat at 3 psi (21 kPa) [.21 bar]. The valve can be manually opened with lever and latched against inlet pressure of 100 psi (689 kPa) [6.89 bar]. The latch will release after pilot pressure reaches 2.5 psi (17 kPa) [.17 bar].
- Automatic: As the control pressure/vacuum increases the valve will open. When the control pressure/vacuum decreases, the valve will close.
- Semi-Automatic: If the control pressure/vacuum is too low and the valve does not open automatically, it can be opened manually by lifting the built-in lever arm and setting the latch. The latch resets automatically when control pressure rises enough to release it.
- For 2 in. (52 mm) gas lines
- Sandcast aluminum (alodined for corrosion resistance)
- Pneumatically Open and Shut Off Fuel Gas Automatically or Semi-automatically
- Part No.: M5180-P
- Valve Body: Sandcast aluminum (alodined for corrosion resistance)
- Valve Seat: Buna-N
- Valve Inlet Pressure (Maximum): 100 psi (689 kPa) [6.89 bar]
- Parts Exposed to Gas Line Flow: Aluminum • Buna-N
- Control Diaphragm: Flexweave polyester fabric and Buna-N elastomer
- Control Pressure (Maximum): 80 psig (552 kPa) [5.52 bar]
- Shipping Weight: 14 lbs 9 oz (6.61 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 12-1/4 x 12-1/4 x 9-3/4 in. (311 x 311 x 248 mm)