This model number is no longer available from Murphy. The replacement model number is ST5ASF.
The Murphy Selectronic Tattletale Remote Alarm Annunciator with 5 Alarm Points (Without Mounting Kit) ST5AS-LM is a general purpose alarm suitable for a variety of applications. The ST5AS-LM is used wherever a remote alarm and annunciation is required. Typical applications are in marine pilot houses to alert the crew of problems developing in engine, gear, bilge, auxiliary power plants, etc. Repeater panels can be added for additional locations such as flybridge, on deck, galley or engineer’s quarters. Each repeater panel can be acknowledged individually or alternate wiring allows for one master control to silence all repeater panels. Other applications include power plant control rooms or building maintenance, for remote drilling rigs, construction sites, agricultural and construction equipment. When a fault occurs, the contact operation causes the appropriate LED to flash and the audible MINI-SIREN to pulse. At the same time an output signal is generated which allows an external relay to be wired to operate a general alarm such as a bell or horn. Depressing the Alarm Silent button silences the local audible alarm and disconnects the output for the remote alarm. The flashing LED remains in operation until the fault is corrected and the contacts reset. Alarm Silence/Test button allows you to test all LEDs. Preprinted peel and stick nameplates for common faults are supplied with each unit.
When an alarm sensor trips, the LED flashes and, if equipped, the Mini-Siren sounds. At the same time an output circuit is activated which allows you to connect an external relay to operate a general alarm, operate a shutdown device, etc. Applications: marine, generator sets, oil field, agriculture and construction
- Less mounting kit
- Accepts N.O. and/or N.C. contacts
- Use individually or gang for multiple applications
- Input voltage 8-32 VAC or 8-40 VDC
- Provides 5 alarm points and output for remote alarm relay
- Part No.: ST5AS-LM
- Number of Alarm Points: 5 Visual
- Mounting: Optional Flange or Gimbal mounting kit (sold separately)
- Audible Alarm: 1 local; common to all inputs
- Alarm Silence: Silences audible only
- Test Push Button: Tests all LED's
- Alarm Output: Customer supplied relay same voltage as input; coil not to exceed 500 mA.
- Input Voltage: 8-32 VAC / 8-40VDC
- Startup Time Delay: Customer selectable: 25-35 seconds
- Sensor Input: Accepts N.O. and/or N.C.
- Shipping Weights: 1.25 lbs (567 g)
- Shipping Dimensions: 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 in. (159 x 159 x 159 mm)