The Murphy Shock and Vibration Switch with Clamp Mount VS2C is a shock sensitive mechanisms for shutdown of engine or electric motor powered equipment. This switch uses a magnetic latch to ensure reliable operation. The VS2 and VS2C are designed for use in non-hazardous locations. They have leaf type SPDT, double make contacts that can be used for shutdown and/or alarm. They have a slotted sensitivity adjustment located on the side of the case.
Ideal for use on engines, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers and pumping units, the VS2 Series can be used anywhere shutdown protection from damaging shock/vibration is desired. Switches are field adjustable to sensitivity required in each application.
- Fully Adjustable
- Manual Reset
- Includes Magnetic Latching Feature
- Designed to Detect Shock/Vibration in 3-Planes of Motion
- C-clamp mount includes 45 ft. (13.7 m) 2-conductor cable, and 5 cable clamps
- Part No.: VS2C
- Case: Equal to NEMA 3R. Suitable for non-hazardous areas
- Contacts: SPDT-double make leaf contacts, 5A @ 480 VAC
- Shipping Weight: 7 lb (3.2 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 12 x 7 x 5-1/2 in. (305 x 178 x 140 mm)