The Murphy Thermocouple Type K 10051325 is encased in a ¼″ diameter 316 stainless steel tubing sheath with stainless steel Bell Spring for strain relief. This model has 6” long ¼″ diameter probe. The thermocouple is shipped straight, but can be bent with standard tubing benders anywhere along its length to a 90° angle to minimize clearance required and help prevent damage due to personnel working on the unit. The thermocouple is tip sensitive to minimize ambient temperature influence and should be inserted between 25% and 75% of the piping inside diameter or enough to minimize any skin temperature affect on the tip of the probe when installed in vessels.
- Type K, 1/4 dameter tube x 6″L
- 15′ Thermocouple extension wire
- Stainless steel transition sealing gland with a stainless steel Bell Spring for strain relief
- Standard bore through stainless steel compression fitting for securing the thermocouple in the thermowell at the appropriate depth
- Can be inserted directly into a low-pressure application process through a standard ¼″ SS bore through tubing compression fitting
- The thermowelll assembly comes with a stainless steel bore through compression fitting and ferrel saving installation time and money
- Enables a run from the point of measurement to the nearest conduit entry, junction box, or all the way to the panel housing the readout and monitoring instrument. Can also be installed in a cable tray