The Pollak Battery Master Disconnect Switch 51-918 is a master disconnect switch that features a DPST or Double Pole Single Throw (Off-On) circuitry and four stud terminals. It is a lever operated switch with .25" diameter anti-rotation indexing post with incorporated silver plated contacts. It comes in one piece die-cast housing sealed with O-rings at base and mounting stem.
This battery master disconnect switch is for battery and alternator or generator field circuit. It is designed to break alternator generator circuit prior to battery circuit disconnect. For 12 VDC vehicles such as Trucks, Automotive, Marine, RV, etc. to disconnect all circuitry to reduce possibility of theft or accidental electrical fires.
- Part No.: 51-918
- Description: Battery Master Disconnect Switch
- Detail: Lever operated with .25” diameter anti-rotation indexing post
- Voltage Rating: 6-36 VDC
- Circuitry: DPST Off-On
- Terminals: 4-stud
- Incorporated silver plated contacts
- One piece die-cast housing sealed with O-rings at base and mounting stem to keep out dust and moisture
- Two 3/8" and two #10-32 copper alloy stud terminals with hex nuts and lock washer
- Overall length 4 1/8”. Diameter 2 5/8” approx.
- Fits panels up to 1/4” thick. (Note: Mounting nuts not to exceed 12 ft. lbs. torque)
- Continuous Rating (Make Break)
- Large Studs – 180 Amps
- Small Studs – 20 Amps
- Intermittent Rating (Carrying)
- Large Studs – 1000 Amps (20 sec. “On” - 5 Minutes “Off”)