24 volt powered precleaner with rain cap for custom filtration applications. Ejection ports are oriented to 3 o'clock position.
Designed for custom filtration applications, Sy-Klone's revolutionary Powered Precleaner incorporates patented Gideon Technology for advanced particle separation, providing precleaned air without adding any airflow resistance.
- Mounting: Can be mounted in any plane, horizontally or vertically, as long as the ejection ports are NOT facing straight up (12 o'clock position). Can be installed on a variety of different types of machines.
- Dimensions: 3-inch inlet with rain cap: Approximately 9.89L x 7.875W x 7.875H.
- Construction: Glass-filled injection molded polypropylene exterior; metal fan blades; 80 watt 12V or 24V DC motor with sealed ball bearings. 3-inch inlet with 5-inch outlet. Optional rain cap available.
- Cab Pressurization: Maintains designed cab pressurization over extended operating periods, even when A/C is off, resulting in dramatically increased operator comfort.
- Performance: Will vary according to what filter is used with the system. These results do not include air filter.
- Restriction* (in Water column) / Efficiency*:
- at 25 CFM -0.83** inches 96.4% Efficiency
- at 50 CFM -0.53** inches 94.3% Efficiency
- at 75 CFM -0.16** inches 92.4% Efficiency
- at 100 CFM +0.46 inches 87.4% Efficiency
- at 125 CFM +1.12 inches 81.6% Efficiency
*Restriction / Efficiency results from Southwest Research Institute, an independent testing lab, using SAE - ISO coarse test dust at 0.056 g/f3 air at 20C and 101.3 dPa.
** Negative value results mean the powered precleaner is producing positive outlet pressure. Results do not include air filter. Performance will vary depending on what filter/filter housing is used with the system.
- Fits on OEM HVAC system
- Internal or external installation
- Maintains designed cab pressurization over extended operating periods
- Increases operator comfort level
- Saves money by extending filter life and lengthening intervals between system maintenance
Gideon PPC: How It Works
1st ejection cycle:
- Debris-laden air enters the primary ejection chamber.
- Debris particles are accelerated outward by centrigugal forces. The particles then ride along the outer wall of the ejection chamber.
- When the debris reaches the ejection port, it is expelled back into the atmosphere.
2nd ejection cycle:
- Air is accelerated as it passes through louvers, further enhancing the debris-separating forces.
- Finer debris is then stratified in the secondary ejection chamber.
- When the fine debris reaches the ejection port, it is expelled back into the atmosphere.
- Clean air continues into the air filter housing.
- Extends maintenance intervals which lowers cost per operating hour.
- Powered precleaner adds no resistance to airflow - air is pushed by precleaner rather than pulled by fan motor.
- Filter life extension reduces costs - some gain as much as 10-20x filter life. Sy-Klone recommends changing filter at 1000 hours even if resistance indicator has not alerted.
- Evaporator coils receive only precleaned, filtered air, avoiding main reason for repairs
- Designed for custom filtration applications.