When it comes to transmission speed, the new VDO GPS Speed Sender is in a class by itself, delivering up to 25X more speed resolution than other GPS Speed Senders. Most GPS senders average 8K-16K pulses per mile, and get a pulse every eight (8) inches. The VDO GPS Speed Sender emits 200K pulses per mile, delivering a pulse every 1/3 inch. Additionally, the VDO Sender receives signals from up to eight (8) satellites.
The VDO GPS sender’s small size allows for a variety of easy mounting options including the back of the speedometer. The single housing design eliminates the need for external antennae. The sender also features an LED activity status indicator and a signal loss protection circuit that continues to transmit last known speed until the GPS signal is regained.
- Compatible with all VDO Viewline and WWG speedometers
- Installations is quick and easy and is ready right out of the box
- No transmission cables or calibration required
- No buttons or switches need to be activated
- Operating voltage 8-16V
- Operating Temperature -30°C to +85°C
- Output Signal 0-10V square wave @ 2000, 000 pulses per mile (124,000 per km)
- EMC 2004/104/EC
VDO instruments deliver world-class quality and innovation and are legendary for their superb fit, finish and appearance, as well as rock-solid reliability. Continental builds every VDO gauge with the same precision and quality as the OE instrumentation it delivers to OEMs worldwide.