This is a OBD II Converter Installation Kit for the Roadlog Electronic Log. This is the replacement for p/n 3290.90100600
For vehicles with either no diagnostic connector or a special OEM connector, RoadLog will need to be installed using the Open Wire direct wiring installation cable kit.
Look at your truck to be sure, but as a rule:
- Most 2007 and newer vehicles have the 9 pin configuration.
- 2014 and newer Mack and Volvo Heavy Duty vehicles that use OBD II 16-pin data port will require 16 pin OBD II installation kit.
- Vehicles built from 2002 to 2006 may have either the 6 pin or 9 pin configuration.
- Vehicles built from 1996 to 2001 generally have the 6 pin configuration.
- Vehicles built before 1996 may have the 6 pin configuration, a special OEM connector, or no connector.
- Vehicles built from 1992 to 1995 with Electronic Fuel Injection may have a 6 pin connector, a special OEM connector, or no diagnostic connector port.
- Vehicles built before 1992 typically have Mechanical Fuel Injection and may require the installation of a speed sensor.
- 1996 and newer Light and Medium-duty vehicles (class 1-6) utilizing a 16-pin data port will require the OBD II with converter installation kit.
To hardwire into the vehicle- choose the Open Wire Direct Wiring kit. Some owners prefer the hardwire installation to retain the original appearance of the cab or to provide a theft deterrent.