The Trombetta Electronic Control Module S500-A60 is designed to enhance solenoid performance by increasing force capability and reducing operating temperature. Electronic controls for solenoids regulate the magnitude of electrical drive applied to the coil during the pull-in and/or hold operation of the solenoid to optimize performance of the solenoid. This Trombetta module allows you to incorporate single or dual winding solenoids into your applications. The module accepts your 3 wire switched input (12V or 24V), and applies this input to the solenoid. The S500-A60 module is a cost effective unit that does not require an additional contactor for 24V applications. This module is provided with stainless steel terminal screws standard and tin plated brass terminals maintaining contact integrity in harsh environments.
NOTE: When using a S500-A60 module all of the solenoid connections must connect to the module as shown. Do not connect any of the solenoid leads to another ground point in the system.
- Model No.: S500-A60
- Voltage Input Min. Max. Range: 8.5-32 (Voltage Nominal 12/24V) - Minimum voltage required to assure full pull-in time is achieved
- Max Load Current: 80 (Voltage Nominal 12V) / 40 (Voltage Nominal 24V)
- Max Power Load: 1000 Watts (Voltage Nominal 12/24V)
- Recycle Time: .25 Sec. (Voltage Nominal 12/24V) - Minimum time voltage must be removed in order for the pull in timer to reset for full 0.5 second pull in
- Auxiliary input current requirement: Less than 50 milliamp (Voltage Nominal 12/24V)
- Operating Ambient Temp: -30 °C + 80 °C (Voltage Nominal 12/24V)
- Actuation Time: .5 Sec. (Voltage Nominal 12/24V)
- Transient Voltage Protection: Integral 5000 Watt Peak Pulse Power TVS
- Insertion Loss: 1.0 Volt w/75 Amp Load (Voltage Nominal 12V) / 0.69 Volt w/50 Amp load (Voltage Nominal 24V)
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Withstands brief reverse polarity of battery inputs if properly fused
- Maximum Cycle Rate: 6 Cycles/Minute for 1 minute maximum duration (Voltage Nominal 12/24V) - Maximum cycle rate specification is provided as a figure of merit only . It is intended to provide some idea of what the module can withstand in a burst of rapid cycling. Excessive rapid cycling with short time intervals will result in damage to the solenoid or module. For specific guidance in applications requiring either frequent cycling on an ongoing basis or rapid cycling over short periods of time consult the factory for assistance. Information as to the solenoid to be used, supply voltage, wiring harness information etc. Is required for assistance to be given