The Murphy 0-1500 PSI Pressure Swichgage Instrument with Stainless Steel Bourdon Tube/Socket 45APEF-S-1500 is a mechanical gage for pressure indication. It includes 2 adjustable SPDT switches. These snap-acting switches can be used for start and stop, to trip alarms and to shut down equipment. This swichgage instrument is a panel mount (round case) type with stainless steel bourdon tube sensing element. The 45APE Series models are widely used in applications requiring pressure indication and Form “C” low and high pressure switches.
The 45APE Series utilizes a bourdon tube sensing unit with a stainless steel dual-sector geared movement. Each of the sectors drive separate pointers when pressure is applied to the bourdon tube. The indicating pointer (visible pointer) shows actual pressure reading, including below and beyond the low and high trip points. The low and high trip points are adjustable independently on the gage front lens. The switch operator pointer (behind the dial) is calibrated to follow the indicating pointer. The low and high trip point indicators “arrest” the switch operator pointer, and as pressure decreases or increases, through “the principal of lost motion” the respective snapswitch is tripped.
- Stainless Steel Bourdon Tube/Socket
- 4-1/2 in. (114 mm) Diameter
- Combination Indicating Gage with Independent Low and High Snap-Acting Switches
- Field-Adjustable and Highly Visible Low and High Pressure Trip Point Indicators
- Dual-Sector Geared Movement Allows for Full-Scale Indication and Set Point Control
- Die Cast Aluminum Case, Panel Mount Version (round case)
- Part No.: 45APEF-S-1500
- Range: Range: 0-1500 PSI (0-10.34 MPa) [0-103.42 bar]
- Dial: White on black, dual scale, psi and kPa standard, 4-1/2 in. (114 mm) diameter
- Case: Die cast aluminum, panel mount
- Overrange: Do not exceed 10% FS above full range
- Process Connection: 1/4 NPTM thru 1000 psi; 1/2 NPTM 1500 - 10,000 psi
- Sensing Element: 316 stainless steel bourdon tube
- Gage Accuracy: Indicating pointer within switch points with hysteresis of <1%: ±2% for first and last quarters of scale; middle half of scale is ±1%
- Pressure Relief Disc: Back of case (except EX models)
- Switch Reset Deadband: Approximately 10% FS
- Snap-Acting Switches: 2-SPDT; 2 A @ 250 VAC
- Wire Connections (Panel Mount): Wire leads, 18 AWG (1.0 mm2) x 9 in.
- Item Weight: 5 lbs 6 oz (2.4 kg) approximately
- Item Dimensions: 10 x 9 x 6 in. (254 x 229 x 152 mm) approximately