The Murphy Mechanical Temperature Swichgage 20T-300-16-1/2 is a diaphragm-actuated, temperature-indicating gauge with built-in electrical switch for tripping alarms and/or shutdown devices. The gauge mechanism is enclosed in a steel case coated to resist corrosion and it has a 16 foot capillary length with a standard 1/2-14 NPT thread. A polycarbonate, break- resistant lens and a polished, stainless steel bezel help protect this rugged, built-to-last instrument. This vapor actuated gage features a sealed capillary tube and a sensing bulb. When subjected to heat, the liquid in the sensing bulb changes to vapor creating pressure against the diaphragm mechanism. The diaphragm translates this vapor pressure into a mechanical gage reading.
The gage pointer acts as a temperature indicator and as one switch pole which completes a circuit when it touches the adjustable limit contact. Contact(s) are grounded through the Swichgage case. They have self-cleaning motion to enhance electrical continuity.
- 2 inch/51 mm dial
- Combination Indicating Gage and Limit Switch
- Switch Can Activate Alarms and/or Shut Down Equipment
- Contact Grounds Through Case
- Part No.: 20T-300-16-1/2
- Range: 140 – 300°F (60 – 149°C)
- Dial: White on black; U.S.A. standard scale is dual scale °F/°C
- Case: Plated steel; mounting clamp included (except for direct mounting models)
- Bezel: Polished stainless steel
- Pointer: Tempered nickel silver
- Lens: Polycarbonate, high-impact
- Sensing Element: Beryllium copper diaphragm
- Capillary: PVC armored copper 16 ft.
- Thread: 1/2-14 NPT
- Sensing Bulb: Copper
- Unit Weight: 12.7 oz. (0.39 kg)
- Unit Dimensions: 4-3/4 x 4-3/4 x 2-3/4 in. (121 x 121 x 70 mm)