The Murphy 32-160F Mechanical Temperature Swichgage Field Adjustable 2.5" with 25 Ft Capillary and Snap-Acting Switch A25TEF-160-25-1/2 is a diaphragm-actuated, temperature-indicating gage with built-in electrical switch for tripping alarms and/or shutdown devices. This rugged, built-to-last instrument is fully sealed from the environment by the unique combination of a polycarbonate case and lens, a polished stainless steel bezel, and O-ring seals. This vapor actuated gauge features a sealed capillary tube and a sensing bulb. When subjected to heat, the liquid in the sensing bulb changes to vapor creating pressure against a diaphragm mechanism. The diaphragm translates this vapor pressure into a mechanical gage reading. This A25TEF-160-25-1/2 also features an internal SPDT snap-switch, instead of the single pole/pointer contact(s). When the switch closes on rising temperature, it becomes Set. As temperature decreases the switch Resets.
The gage pointer acts as a temperature indicator and as one switch pole which completes a circuit when it touches the adjustable limit contact. Contact(s) are isolated from ground. They have self-cleaning motion to enhance electrical continuity. Applications for A25 series temperature swichgage instruments include: engines and equipment in oil field, marine, irrigation, construction and trucking industries. Monitoring engine coolant temperature, crankcase oil and transmission oil.
- 2-1/2 inch/64 mm dial
- O-ring Seals
- Polished Stainless Steel Bezel
- Corrosion Resistant Polycarbonate Case
- Indicating Gage and Limit Switch
- Switch Can Activate Alarms and/or Shut Down Equipment
- Contact(s) Isolated From Ground
- Internal Snap-Acting SPDT Switch
- F = Field Adjustable
- Part No.: A25TEF-160-25-1/2
- Range: 32-160°F (0-71°C)
- Adapter Nut: 1/2-14 NPT
- Dial: White on black
- Case: Glass filled/Polycarbonate, corrosion-resistant; steel mounting clamp included
- Bezel: Polished stainless steel
- Pointer: Tempered nickel silver; red tip
- Lens: Polycarbonate, high-impact.
- Sensing Element: Beryllium copper diaphragm
- Sensing Bulb: Copper
- Capillary: PVC armored copper; 25 ft.
- Sensing Bulb: Copper
- Gage Accuracy: Temperature Range 32 to 160°F (0 to 71°C); Lower 1/3 of Scale ± 20°F (± 10°C); Middle 1/3 of Scale ± 8°F (± 4.4°C); Upper 1/3 of Scale ± 7°F (± 4°C)
- Maximum Temperature: 215°F (102°C)
- Standard Settings: 150°F (66°C)
- Snap-Switch Rating: SPDT, 3 A@ 30 VDC inductive; 4 A @ 125 VAC inductive
- Wiring: Number 6 screw terminals
- Unit Weight: 13.3 oz. (0.413 kg)
- Unit Dimensions: 4-3/4 x 4-3/4 x 2-3/4 in. (121 x 121 x 70 mm)