The Murphy 4000 RPM Alternator Signal Tachometer 11-28 VDC with Black Stainless Steel Bezel ATA-40-A is a rugged transistorized instrument with solid-state circuitry for indication of engine RPM. It is equipped with a bracket for mounting into a standard 3-3/8" (86 mm) dash mounting hole. A full 270° sweep of the pointer gives an accurate indication on a large easy–to–read scale and the dial can be illuminated for night reading.
This ATA-40-A is designed to function from pulses generated by an alternator with 4, 8, 12, 14, or 16 poles on the rotor. This model is for negative ground, positive ground or isolated electrical systems and are protected against reverse polarity hookup. Powered by a 11-28 VDC battery and are reverse polarity protected.
- 3 - 32 pulses
- 4000 RPM –0 to 100,000 hours
- Sensing from Battery Charging Alternator
- High Visibility Analog Readout
- Air Core Movement
- Easy Calibration through Dip Switches
- Through Dial Lighting
- Powered by a 11-28 VDC battery
- Part No.: ATA-40-A
- Scale: 0-4000RPM
- Bezel: Black Stainless Steel Bezel IS 513 E.E.E. CRCA steel
- Case Material: Plastic
- Hourmeter Range: 99999.9 hours in 0.1 increments
- Power Input: 11-28VDC (70mA-120mA except lamp load)
- Backlight: 3.4W T-10 wedge base bulb
- RPM Input Signal Voltage: V low: 0.5V max, V high: 8.0V min.
- Accuracy: +2% full scale
- Temperature Range: -40oC to +82oC (no permanent damage shall occur)
- Dial (Face Plate): 270o sweep with white numerals (over black background)