The Murphy 5000 PSI Pulsation Dampener PD8184-1/4X1/4 eliminates pointer flutter on pressure indicating Swichgage devices which are subject to pulsating pressure from reciprocating pumps or compressors. It also allows a close setting of high and low contact points providing for more accurate pressure indication and control of equipment. The PD8184-1/4X1/4 decreases wear on geared movements and increases the life of pressure indicating instruments by eliminating excessive gage strain and unnecessary movement. A necessity which quickly pays for itself by protecting any pressure indicating and control instrument which is subject to pulsation.
Quality built with a large diameter valve stem wheel for ease of adjustment with clearly printed operating instructions. Machined from 1-3/8" (35 mm) hex bar stock. A two degree taper on valve and stem assure positive dampening.
- All wetted parts are Carbon steel
- Eliminate Gage Pointer Flutter
- Aids In Providing More Accurate Pressure Indication
- Decreases Wear On Gage’s Geared Movement
- Used On Controllers, Instruments and Recorders to Dampen Pressure Pulsation
- Part No.: PD8184-1/4X1/4
- Connection Size: 1/4 NPT inlet x 1/4 NPT outlet
- Rating: 5,000 psi (34.47 MPa) [344.70 bar]
- Operating Temperature: -15 to 400°F (-26 to 204°C)
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.(0.9 kgs.)
- Shipping Dimensions: 4-3/4 x 4-3/4 x 3-1/4 in. (121 x 121 x 83 mm)
NOTE: NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS A SHUTOFF VALVE. NOT FOR USE ON OXYGEN OR LIQUID OXYGEN APPLICATIONS.