The Murphy Electronic Speed Switch 8-30 VDC with Dual Set Point HD9063 is a unitized two set point speed switch with SPDT relay out- puts. HD9063 is a PC-board configuration with standoffs for mounting in a control panel or cabinet. The HD9063 provides crank disconnect and overspeed functions. Trip points can be field adjusted on all models. LED’s next to the set point potentiometers indicate that the trip point has been reached and the relay(s) have operated. An overspeed test circuit is built-in; it will actuate the output relay at a point 10% below actual overspeed set point. This unit is designed to operate in harsh environments and has high electrical noise immunity.
Crank disconnect/overspeed model is typically used to disconnect the starter on automatic start engine applications and to shutdown the engine if an over- speed situation occurs. Re-engagement of the starter is inhibited until RPM returns virtually to zero. Typical applications include: standby generator sets; pumps and compressors.
- Dual set point
- Compact design
- Field adjustable set points
- High noise immunity
- Crank disconnect/overspeed
- Part No.: HD9063
- Power Supply: Voltage: 8-30 VDC. Maximum Current: 150 mA
- Frequency Signal: (Voltage, Magnetic Pickup Signal Models): Minimum: 0.35 Vrms. • Maximum: 60 Vrms.
- Maximum Current, Magnetic Pickup Signal Models: 4.8 µA
- Adjustment Range, Magnetic Pickup Signal Models: Crank Disconnect: 250-6,000 Hz • Overspeed: 1,100-10,000 Hz
- Reset Differential, Magnetic Pickup Signal Models: Crank Disconnect: Dropout 160 Hz ± 5% • Overspeed: 200 Hz Differential
- Output: Relay Contact, SPDT, Resistive Load: (2) 5 A 30 VDC
- Adjustment: (2) 270°–turn potentiometer
- Temperature Range: 14 to 158°F (-10 to 70°C)
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs. (0.90 Kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 10 x 9 x 6 in. (254 x 229 x 152 mm)