The Murphy Explosion Proof Lube Level Maintainer with Low Switch Contacts SPDT LM301-EX-A automatically adds oil to the crankcase as needed to keep the lube level normal. This model has a built-in switch that will alarm and/or shutdown the equipment if the makeup supply is depleted and engine oil level falls or if overfill conditions exist. Note: Friction losses due to piping NOT considered.
Applications: Engines • Compressors • Pumps • Coolers
- Maintains proper lube level
- Shutdown on low level, or high and low level
- Manual float switch test
- High visibility “Frog Eye” lens
- Explosion Proof
- Low switch contacts for low level shutdown or alarm. Four wires, SPDT
- Part No.: LM301-EX-A
- Case/Cover: Die cast aluminum
- Switch Housing: Aluminum
- Approval Rating: CSA certified for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups F and G hazardous locations. Enclosure Type certified.
- Float: Rigid polyurethane foam. Polyurethane coated
- Max. Ambient Temperature: 250°F (121°C)
- Oil Inlet Connection: Top entry 1/2-14 NPT with built-in filter screen (removable for cleaning)
- Inlet Orifices: 1/8 in. (3 mm); Pressure: 10 psig – 30 psig (68.9 kPa – 207 kPa) [.69 – 2.07 bar]; Flow Rates: 16.9 GPH - 32.1 GPH (63.7 LPH - 121.5 LPH)
- Wire (switch models): 18 AWG x 13 in. (1.0 mm2 x 330 mm)
- Max. Inlet Pressure (MIP): 30 psi (207 kPa) [2.07 bar]. with 1/8 in. (3 mm) orifice.
- Max. Differential: 2 in. (51 mm) between running and stationary oil level
- Max. Case Pressure (MCP): 15 psi (103 kPa) [1.03 bar]
- Orifice Seal: Buna-N Thumb-Valve
- Switch Contact: Silver, SPDT snap acting, rated at 10 A @ 125, 250 VAC; 10 A @ 30 VDC. (1 only for low level; 2 only for high and low; or 2 only for low level with alarm before shutdown)
- Flow Rate Test: Using SAE 30 @ 32°F (0°C)
- Outlet Connection: 3/4-14 NPT left side, right side, and bottom
- Crankcase Balance Vent Fitting: 1/2-14 NPT
- Mounting: Accepts Murphy pipe mounting bracket or universal mounting bracket
- Lens: Clear “Frog Eye” non-staining, high impact, high temperature nylon; UV and heat stabilized
- Dial: High visibility white background with green and white “index” lines for normal level indication.
- Test Knob: Rotate to test switch operation. Turn clockwise for low level test and turn counterclockwise for high level test
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs. 12 ozs. (3.06 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 10-5/8 x 8-7/8 x 6-3/4 in. (270 x 225 x 171 mm)