The Murphy Selectronic Tattletale Annunciator with 16-Point Alarm for Generator Set 12 VDC STA16-N-12 is designed for generator set applications and can be configured to meet NFPA requirements for standby generators. This STA16-N-12 tells you by a flashing LED which variable malfunctioned. Many feature a pulsating MINI-SIREN to audibly alert you to the malfunction. The audible alarm is silenced by depressing the Alarm Silence push button, but the visual signal remains in operation until the fault is corrected and the contacts are cleared. A test push button allows you to test all alarm LEDs. Because LEDs are solid state, cold light, electronic devices, they don’t burn out as incandescent light bulbs do.
The STA16-N-12 is a remote annunciator designed for emergency power systems. This model has sixteen LED alarm points which can be both visual and audible or visual only when specified. A high battery voltage and a low battery voltage sensor are included. The STA16-N-12 can be configured to meet NFPA-110 Level 1 requirements for remote alarm annunciators. This unit is typically used where a remote annunciator is needed at a 24 hour manned post to monitor the generator set.
When an alarm sensor trips, the LED flashes and, if equipped, the MINI-SIREN® sounds. At the same time an output circuit is activated which allows you to connect an external relay to operate a general alarm, operate a shutdown device, etc.
- 16-point annunciator for generator sets
- Accepts N.O. switch inputs
- Negative switch input
- Provides 16 points of visual and audible alarms including built-in sensing for low battery voltage and battery charger malfunction
- Part No.: STA16-N-12
- Number of Alarm Points: 16 Visual
- Enclosure: Black ABS Plastic
- Audible Alarm: 1 local; common to all inputs
- Alarm Silence: Silences audible only
- Test Push Button: Tests all LED's
- Power Requirements: 12 V negative, standby 23 mA, max current (test) 60 mA
- Alarm Output: Customer supplied relay same voltage as input; coil not to exceed 500 mA
- Input Voltage: 12 VDC High battery voltage sensing circuit; set at 14.5V. Low battery voltage sensing set at 10 V
- Output Ratings: 500 mA@ rated voltage for an external relay
- Startup Time Delay: Customer selectable: 25-35 seconds
- Battery Charger Malfunction: Built-in sensing; visual alarm only
- Temperature Range: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Dimensions: Height 9-3/4 in. (248 mm); Width 6-1/2in. (165 mm); Depth 2-1/2 in. (64 mm)
- Switch Input: Negative
- Shipping Weights: 2 lbs (907 g)
- Shipping Dimensions: 12 x 7-1/2 x 5-1/2 in. (305 x 191 x 140 mm)