The Murphy Selectronic Tattletale Annunciator with 8 First Out Visual and Flange Mount ST8-F is an eight point Tattletale panel designed to give “first out” indication of cause of alarm or shutdown. This “first out” feature means that only the first fault will be shown by LED; this feature isolates the primary cause of shutdown, and helps simplify troubleshooting. This ST8-F used wherever a remote alarm and annunciation is required. Typical applications are in marine pilot houses to alert the crew of problems developing in engine, gear, bilge, auxiliary power plants, etc. Repeater panels can be added for additional locations such as flybridge, on deck, galley or engineer’s quarters. Each repeater panel can be acknowledged individually or alternate wiring allows for one master control to silence all repeater panels. Other applications include power plant control rooms or building maintenance, for remote drilling rigs, construction sites, agricultural and construction equipment. When a fault occurs, the contact operation causes the appropriate LED to flash and the audible MINI-SIREN to pulse. At the same time an output signal is generated which allows an external relay to be wired to operate a general alarm such as a bell or horn. Depressing the Alarm Silent button silences the local audible alarm and disconnects the output for the remote alarm. The flashing LED remains in operation until the fault is corrected and the contacts reset. Alarm Silence/Test button allows you to test all LEDs. Preprinted peel and stick nameplates for common faults are supplied with each unit.
First out fault Tattletale tells you which monitored variable malfunctioned first. The fault is annunciated and locked in until reset by the operator. Applications include process monitoring such as compressors, pumps, generators, etc. Preprinted peel and stick nameplates for common faults are supplied with each unit.
When an alarm sensor trips, the LED flashes and, if equipped, the MINI-SIREN® sounds. At the same time an output circuit is activated which allows you to connect an external relay to operate a general alarm, operate a shutdown device, etc.
- 8 First Out Visual
- Flange mount
- Accepts N.O. and/or N.C. contacts
- Includes SPDT dry contact output rated 2 A @ 28 VDC
- Selectable sensor lockout for delay on startup
- Input voltage 8-32 VAC or 8-40 VDC
- Provides 8-point first out cause of shutdown Tattletale. A flashing LED indicates the cause of shutdown identified by the nameplate
- Part No.: ST8-F
- Power Input (Operating Voltage): 8-32 VAC, 8-40 VDC
- Mounting: Flange mounting kit
- Sensor Inputs: 8 sensor switches, normally open or normally closed dry contacts
- Number of Alarm Points: 8 first out shutdown/alarm
- Lockout Time Delay During Startup: 25 to 35 seconds (selectable for each sensor input)
- First Out Shutdown: Amber-No; Red-Yes
- Shutdown Relay Output: SPDT dry contacts; 2 A @ 28 VDC
- Shutdown Reset: Repair fault; contacts open; push reset button; remove power
- Shipping Weight: 1.50 lbs (680 g)
- Shipping Dimensions: 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 in. (159 x 159 x 159 mm)