The Murphy Shock and Vibration Control Switch 115 VAC with Space Heater and Time Delay VS94-H15-T15 is an electro-mechanical device designed to protect equipment from damaging shock or vibration. This sensitive mechanism can detect excessive shock or vibration and shutdown the equipment before further damage occurs. A set of contacts is held in a latched position through a magnetic latch mechanism. As the level of shock or vibration increases an inertia mass exerts force against the latch arm and forces it away from the magnetic latch causing the latch arm to separate and to operate the contacts. Sensitivity is obtained by adjusting the amount of air gap between the magnet and latch arm plate.
The VS94 is housed in a NEMA 4/4X glass filled polyester enclosure and has a base mount. It is for applications in non-hazardous locations. It is rated up to 480 VAC. Applications for the VS94 include all stationary types of machinery or equipment where excessive shock/vibration can be damaging or poses a threat to normal operations such as in: Cooling fans, Engines, Pump jacks, Compressors, Pumps and Rotating and Reciprocating Machinery.
- Manual Reset
- Electromechanical Design
- Reliable Magnetic Latch Feature
- Micro Fine, Easy-to-Adjust Sensitivity Adjustment
- NEMA 4X/IP66 Enclosure (CSA Types 4 & 12)
- Two (2) versatile SPDT snap-switches rated up to 480 VAC
- Protects Your Equipment from Excessive Shock or Vibration
- Space Heater to Prevent Moisture
- Time Delay to Override Trip Operation at Start-up
- Part No.: VS94-H15-T15
- Case: Polyester fiberglass reinforced; NEMA type 4X; IP66; CSA types 4 and 12
- Conduit Fitting: 3/4 NPT conduit fitting connection
- Normal Operating Ambient Temperature: 0 to 140°F (-18 to 60°C)
- Snap-switches: 2-SPDT snap acting switches; 5A @ 480 VAC; 2A resistive, 1A inductive, up to 30 VDC
- Range adjustment: 0 - 7 G’s; 0 - 100 Hz /0.100 in. displacement
- Space Heater: Operating Current .023 A @ 115 VAC
- Time Delay: Operating Current .360 A @ 115 VAC; Standby Current .01 A @ 115 VAC
- Time Delay Reset: Adjustable 20-turn potentiometer from 5 seconds to 6-1/2 minutes (15 seconds per turn approximately).
- Shipping Weight: 4.35 lb. (2 kg.)
- Shipping Dimensions: 9 x 8 x 4-11/16 in. (229 x 203 x 119 mm)